Use this website to quickly find the most important information about the main airport in Milwaukee, U.S., called General Mitchell International Airport: Departures, Arrivals, Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Milwaukee Airport. Plan your travel to MKE Airport with the information provided in this site.
Milwaukee Airport, known officially as General Mitchell International Airport (IATA: MKE, ICAO: KMKE) is located in 5 miles (8 km) south downtown Milwaukee, in the state of Wisconsin, in United States.
The Mitchell - Milwaukee airport is a focus city for Southwest Airlines. Over 30 airports serve nonstop or direct flights from Milwaukee airport and operates over 200 daily departures between international and domestic flights. It’s the largest airport in Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Airport has one main terminal divided in three concourses: C, D and E.
Additionally the airport has an International Arrivals Terminal building. All international flight arrivals (except Toronto) arrive here. It is located north of the parking building.
In total, the MKE airport has 48 gates and 40 jet bridges. The airport operates mainly with the following airlines: United, Southwest, Delta, American, Frontier and Amtrak Train.
- Concourse C: has gates C9-C12, C14 and C17-C25. Southwest Airlines is the major carrier.
- Concourse D: has gates D27-30, D34, D36, D38-D39, D41-D49. Operates, mainly with: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines and OneJet.
- Concourse E: has gates E-60-E69. Operates with United Airlines
- Bus: Operate by Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS). Green Line line operates between Bayshore Town Center and Milwaukee - Mitchell Airport traveling through downtown. Connects the Bayshore/Whitefish Bay area to UWM, Milwaukee's east side, Walker's Point, south side and Milwaukee Airport. Route 80 connects Milwaukee airport to downtown Milwaukee, the downtown MATC and the MATC-South Campus in Oak Creek.
- Taxi: available outside of Baggage Claim 3. Follow the signs to the taxi lane behind the rental car area.
- Shuttle Service: operators provide door-to-door airport service to hotels and all other locations in southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois (including Chicago).
Amtrak Hiawatha offers service between downtown Milwaukee's Intermodal Station and Chicago's Union Station. It stops at Milwaukee Airport, Sturtevant (Wisconsin) and Glenview (Illinois).
- It is located 5 miles (8 km) south Milwaukee city centre
- More than 200 daily departures between domestic and international flights
- 5 runways
- In 2015 MKE airport handled more than 6,5M passengers
- 1 Terminal
- 3 concourses: C, D, E
- 48 gates in total
Check the best price available at the airport clicking here.
Address: 5300 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207, U.S.
Telephone: +1 414-747-5300
Telephone: +1 414-238-6015
For items lost in the aircraft, please, contact with your airline.
For all other items, contact the Travelers Aid Desk: +1 414-747-5245.
Milwaukee County Transit Plus: +1 - 414-343-1700
Transit Plus is a transportation service for individuals with special needs or conditions that prevents them from using Milwaukee County Transit System buses. 414-343-1704 (TDD).